Featured Item: Carbon Monoxide Alarm



Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that is extremely poisonous. Carbon monoxide detectors are just as, if not more, important as fire alarms and should be taken just as seriously. When considering whether or not you should install a carbon monoxide detector in your home, you need to know where the dangerous gas emits from and what appliances to check for. Fuel-burning appliances (oil, propane or natural gas) and wood-burning fireplaces are primary sources for carbon monoxide. You should place detectors on every floor that has one of these.

Here are a few steps you can take to reduce the chances of carbon monoxide in your home:

  • Opening the flue when using the fireplace

  • Using appropriate fuel in kerosene heaters

  • Inspecting all fuel-burning appliances on a regular basis

  • Having wood burning fireplaces cleaned by a professional on a regular basis

  • Quickly repairing any leaks or damages to heating systems

If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector, it is important you know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The first warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • Chest tightness or shortness of breath

  • Tiredness

  • Nausea

  • Confusion

  • Headaches

  • Dizziness

*If you experience any of these symptoms seek medical treatment immediately.

You can find a carbon monoxide alarm at The Home Depot: http://thd.co/1rawJMO

#Winter #Safety

0 views
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • Google+ - White Circle
  • Pinterest - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle
yelp2.png
angies_circle.png
Home_Advisor.png
social_circle_white_128px copy.png
porch.png
SmithProBadge.png
thumbtack.png

832-660-8138      |      info@StrongTowerRenovations.com     |      2700 Post Oak Blvd, Galleria Office Tower I, Fl. 21, Houston, TX 77056